Many many red ultra long super straight chilli
Many many whole garlic clove
Many many onions
Sprinkle some chilli padi for good measure
Place them at 4 corners of your area ON EVENT DAY
Make some sincere prayers
Look to the sky and HOPE
(works super well for events w/ ministerial GOHs)
See how dedicated and desperate i was......anything! i wud do anything to stop the piss....almost went delirious thinkin of the 1001 rain situations that cud happened...until I became enlightened and realised there is NOTHING CONCRETE i can do...so just wait and see lah....
Boy do I believe in old wives' tales now...yesssss...i had sun on the 31st July and thankgawd for it!!!!
Was worrying increasingly since sat as the rain never cease to stop...rained on sun when we did setup...guessed the chilli padi din worked. So on advice of the AV guys, went to bought chilli (muz be red, long and straight *ahem*), garlic and onions and skewers too....on monday went round all corners of my lawn area and placed them....the sky immediately cleared and gave me a tan....i thought all was good til 7+pm when we were about to start the launch rehearsal and the sky gave way....what a super let down! I thought that was it man...this must be indication that it will pour the next day as well...
So i was all prepared to launch into wet weather mode anytime...couldnt sleep the night before....kept looking out the window..
6am: gloomy sky (but i comfort myself coz its still dark...)
7am: still gloomy sky (maybe it will clear...?)
8am: *die* sure rain
9am: shd I even start to move my set?
But i still harboured hopes that the sky will at least hold its horses til the PM leaves....so once again on tues morn, I went round to place the auspicious items (sans skewers) and made sure they were not stepped on....and sure enuff, the sky amazingly cleared immediately and i was sun-tanned again. But this time, I did some silent prayers and hoped the clear sky will sustain....
2pm: still sunny
3pm: cloudy and crossing fingers
4pm: a lil grey and very cloudy, crossing fingers and legs
5pm: Almost popping champagne
6pm: Officially lost my voice, croaking like a tranny gone wrong but estatic about the weather
8pm: a lil purplish but looks good
9pm: *PHEW*! student bands started playing and I can relax finally......stoopid gerard being an idiot but entertaining with his one liner remarks with the motion dive.....the bands were hilarious...but i guess they had fun and thats the most important thing....the jaded us were just self-amusing
Nonetheless now that its over...am glad to move on...actually this is one of the few projects with nice and non-demanding clients...to a point where sometimes i rather they bang table so our dear fren wud panic...but his heartbeat never seems to beat faster than 80bpm...it was overall nice to work with RP...dun mind another proj there again since its near home anyway....going to RP always reminds me of my poly days...ahhh those carefree heckless days...no politics that i cant walk out of, where I can as odd/moody/anti-social as I want to, where I have a clubhse I can retreat to during breaks.......dun they say the most enjoyable part of life is studying?
xx
Lin
No comments:
Post a Comment