Friday, July 24, 2009

SuperBand, SuperFriend


18 July 2009
Singapore Indoor Stadium


Taking The Road = Jonathan Lee + Emil Chau + Zhang Zhen Yue + Lo Ta Yu

And therefore we have SuperBand

A night of old school rock, heart wrenching love songs, youthful angst and evergreen ballads, it was definitely one of the more memorable concerts I ever attended.

Surprisingly, capacity was nearly 100% filled and though it was rather wierd to be seated among mature audience, I must say the age range was rather varied.

Sound system was pretty good, show set was simple yet made a deep impression on me.

Accompanying band was good and song arrangement were all fantastic, hearing them sing live in a different light made the ticket well spent. Now that is what I call a concert.

As the 21st century edges forward churning more carbon copies of talentless sugary bubblegum pop girl/boy bands, the more I appreciate the performers of the yesteryear. Their musical genuis and attitude towards making music is beyond admirable. I shudder to think of the state of chinese music 10 years down the road.

And thanks to a super friend, who agreed to accompany me without much hesitation - I had a great time with the 4 men :)

No comments: