When I get bored of my life, I make changes.
I cut my hair, SNIP, off went my long locks in place of a short bob.
I clean up my pig-sty of a room, THROW, down the chute went the rubbish I tend to hoard
I look through my phone list, DATE, friends whom I have not seen for a long time
I think of how I should live a more fulfilling/enriching life, PONDER, I often about when should I pack up and leave
I satisfy my craving for pain, INKED a tattoo and finally acheived closure
So from this.....

To this.....

And finally.....

No, that was not blood, Derrick the nuah tattoo-ist used a red marker and extended my old design freehand. Can you beat that?? No template, no sketching on tracing paper. A quick stroke here and there straight after my brief. Actually it was a big gamble as freehand drawings may not be even. My old design was not done by him - kinda like a ownership issue. He hates doing tribal design. It was a lazy hot Sunday afternoon and he was nuah-ing around his den - lazy and irritable mood. Plus, this was like the 3rd or 4th re-design he created as I didnt like his previous freehand designs. Also, he nags too much....haha
But yeah he got it right finally, but not without going on and on about tattoo extension. Like a old fuddy duddy that's soft at heart, he still tries his best to give what mi and Jess are looking for. Steph reckons he must have split from his gf hence the nuah-bo chup attitude. To think I was expecting some cool stylo-mylo funkster with a hippie air..hee...but Derrick's recommended lah..for anyone interested out there....
No particluar reason why the design, the location, or even why a dreadful tattoo.
I just like it. I just want to have one, falling short of admitting its purely cosmetic reasons. I just like the design. Just wanna have it on the ankles as I wanna be able to see it. Just.
So regardless what people think of my tattoo, its no matter to me. People may think Im doing myself and my parents a great disservice, even being unfilial, ruining what's been given to me naturally...does that means we should'nt wax our hair, pluck eyebrows, dye hair, do ear piercings, paint nails...yes its permanent, as long as we understand the terms and conditions, who are you to tell me what I should or should not do, lest my parents?
Speak when you're spoken to.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment