Sunday, September 16, 2007

I hear you.....

Its been a good year for concerts, caught the most number I've had this year, what with


Mayday - JUMP!













Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape Tour










Aaron Kwok - Dancing Nation














and the upcoming Linkin Park screamfest - woo-hoo! wee-hoo!










I've finally realised my wish to catch my childhood idol and fav English band live in concert. Contentment as such.


I only hope my work commitments doesnt prevent me from rocking at Indoor Stadium on 13 Nov - its kinda a lil risky now what with all the flying Im about to do .... You know what comes between me and my LPs? Nothing.

Im so ONE STEP CLOSER to LP, even if it means I have to go a-CRAWLING on my hands IN THE END, I'll rather be a RUNAWAY to go SOMEWHERE I BELONG. So let's BLEED IT OUT and HIT THE FLOOR and with HANDS HELD HIGH, go freaking ridiculously crazy and NUMB with Mike, Chester, Rob, Joe, Brad and Phoenix (how come he wasnt in the last 2 albums?? :)

Catch the past concert highlights here that I attended...


Gwen on 16 July

Thanxx to Ah Tan again for the tics! Man was she in good shape...and she worked up the crowd easily with her affable charm and quirky personality..just another good ol' laidback american-californian sunshine gal..lucky gavin rossdall. Heard he was backstage baby-sitting baby Kingston, how sweeeeeet.

She had quite a few kooky costume changes..quite rare for English acts where they favour delivering quality performances than being chameleons, challenging David Copperfield with their super-quick fancy costume changes backstage. But Gwen treated us with a visual feast of eye-catching outfits and her harajuku b-gal sidekicks.


Her dancers were great accompaniments to Gwen, like a good coleslaw to fish and chips..:p Made me wished I could dance like them..damn!




The only cinch was I wasnt too familiar with her solo songs..and with only 2 albums under her belt, the crowd went pretty silent when she performed her lesser-known songs. Somehow I kept thinking she's gonna go "Dont speak...." or "Sunday Morning..." anytime, but of coz she didnt.



Nevertheless, discovered quite a few other nice tunes as well...too bad I lost the cd Cheryl burnt for me...(can re-burn when you're back? Thanxxx :)


Caused quite a commotion when she ran into the crowd for a good 15 minutes...made them so happi...she even had a small platform in the middle of the floor so she could perched on it and sing among them..like she's in the centre of the world...



Jam packed to the brim....



Her band touring with her..I liked the keyboardists-cum-backup singers (far left and right), backup singer Gale (third from right) who was uber cool with her shaven head and was bare-footed. Drummer was pretty cute too...noticed that most drummers in band are pretty cute...hmm...


I love finale group pictures like this...her encore song "The Real Thing" dedicated to Kingston was touching.

Aaron on 1 Spetember

Me and cheryl were late and missed 3/4 of his opening song 对你爱不完 - how tragic! 精点阿!
After so many years, yes I still like him enough to fork money to watch him. His classic old songs are always very comforting on my ears. No matter how much bad flak and rumours that had plagued him in the past and present, he is always special to me. He represents a piece of my childhood and had me hooked on motorbikes with his movies....






Made us all freaking jealous when he went down to shook hands during his Para Para song...


Looking even fitter and hotter than ever, his costume sets were quite mind boggling...whether its a sexy metallic bib, tight suit covered with LED lights that can outrival Michael Jackson, reflective body suit with angel wings, he looks good in them, no mater how tacky they can be...


Up there, he sang mando classics like 信鸽,爱的呼唤, 当我知道你们相爱, 难道你现在还不知道....pitch not perfect, but no matter.


Couldnt resist putting this up



Ahh...he was pretty embarrassing..the much hyped about saxophone performance went out on a bad start..missed keys on 1st try, he tried to be gungho and insisted on 2nd try...3rd...4th because he couldnt get past a note..blamed it on bad tuning...and just when I was getting real bored, the perfectionist managed to finish the whole song... BUT, no matter.



Impressive huh?






Cheryl and mi were rather dissappointed because concert was only about 2 hrs and he talked too much! (coz i dun understand Canto!) Was hoping to hear more of his oldies, but there were only a selected few. Despite his hardcore fans stampede and furious calls for a 2nd encore, he didnt emerge again.

In the end we hastily arranged a last minute ktv session with Ikan Bilis and Hae Bi to reminisce....:p



Apparently Porsche threw in a sponsorship-in-kind and had 1 row of about 10 Porsches parked outside the stadium, MY! What a racket they made when they revved up and zoomed off after the concert. FYI, Aaron has 11 sport cars back home, among them a pricey Porsche Zonda Pagini F model worth uber million dollars...

Stay tuned for their video postings...right now I cant remember my Youtube account info and thus cant upload...what the hell.







No comments: