Friday, February 01, 2008

Tampopo desu

Apparently I have many nicknames.

The latest being "Tampopo" - which means dandelions in japanese.

Because my old email address used to be dandelions@xxxx.com

And I also quite like the Tampopo japanese restaurant at Liang Court.

"Tam" - sounds similar to my surname "Tan"

As Im sure many of you know my actual Engrish name is "Breda", I found out just last year how my dear farder came about to adopting that name.

When my marder was expecting me, my farder met this Engrish military officer in Spore who was with his wifey, and he was taking them round Spore (my farder so fwenly huh). So they became very "gum" and my farder happen to mention marder was expecting and dunno what name to adopt for me.

So this kaypoh officer say "Why dun you name her after my wife??"

There you go - Breda Tan Wan Lin

Incidentally, Breda is a place in Holland. And its a name of a beer too.

And I like beer.

Seriously, I never like my Engrish name, as im often teased when i was young. And I wasnt too sure how to pronouce it too. The often call mi "bread" too, AND i like to eat bread.
As I get older, im pretty neutral to it...just never get around to acknowledging that name.

Maybe I should when I start a new job. Haha. Like being reborn.

Breda Tan...hmmm.

Sometimes I lie to acquaintances that the nurses at the hospitable spelt my name wrongly at birth, haha.

No comments: