
MAYDAY JUMP Concert Singapore 2007
五月天 [JUMP 離開地球表面] 新加坡演唱會 2007
Date: 02 June 2007 (Saturday)
Time: 8.00pm
Venue: The MAX Pavilion @ Singapore Expo
There are probably only two things I really enjoy doing in life, two things that will elicit such estatic response in me and cause a surge of adrenalin rush coursing through my veins...
1. Travelling
2. Watching my fav artistes in concert
So there they came, they rocked, they jumped and they were off again.
As most of you should know, I went for my 2nd Mayday concert (its their 3rd in Spore btw) and I'm glad I went, and im peeved I did not buy the 1st category seats..that much said, I feel they did not surpassed their last outing here in terms of 'high-ness' and vocals.
I guess there's a myriad of reasons behind this. We were late and were running past all the damnit expo halls to get to hall 10. I had no time to pee. Then, oh so lucky me had a small lil girl standing on her seat right in front of me. 2 rows down, this group of girls stood on their seats as well. Their neighbour on their left was quite big sized. So can you imagine my utmost irritance and how fed-up i was??? I couldnt see ANYTHING! So, I turned to my neighbour behind me, apologized and told him I am gonna stand on my seat too.
Well watching an entire rock on concert while standing on a chair was a first for me. At first, it felt kinda cool and really different up there bcoz of the view...then the lil girl's mother decided to stand up too! And she changed seats with her daughter and blocked my ENTIRE VIEW AGAIN. Testing my motor skills they did, for i had to juggle with my lightstick in my right hand, grip my camera on the left,sway left/right to avoid my front 2 rows of obstacles and catch whats going on stage.
Seriously, I was tired out and kinda feel zapped of my energy. Its not as fun up there when you cant stomp and jumped on your feet with that small surface area. But nevertheless, I tried to block all these irritants away and tried to enjoy as much as I can.
But dont get me wrong, I still enjoy the concert, but wish i wasnt so unlucky. My last concert with them was much luckier and better as there werent any blocking and I sang til my voice went hoarse. 阿信 was a little slow to warm up this time round and his vocals were a lil inconsistent.
But you know what? He's still the best. They are still the only greatest chinese band around. There were some songs that he sang that wanna bring tears to my eyes. He didnt disappoint with many, especially [温柔],[拥抱], [志明與春嬌], [I love you 舞望]...and it was refreshing to hear Masa covering solo on "Yellow" and an encore by 阿信 singing Beyond's [Paradise].
As usual with their style of rock, there were many a poignant moment. The main reason I'm a diehard fan of them is because of their talent, specifically 阿信. When you watch their concert and sing with them to the lyrics flashing onscreen, you'll find life is little more meaningful and positive with their feel-good honest songs.
It never fails to cheer me up..even if its for a momentary period.
With 阿信's exceptional talent in song composing and writing lyrics, a healthy and clean band image, its easy to identify with their themes of innocence, childhood, dreams, aspirations, loneliness and determination.
Yep, the 7500-strong crowd rocked on, they waved, they clapped, they stamped their feet...me? I was busy doing acrobatics...got so high at one point I was jumping up and down on my chair in my skirt..I really didnt care abt anything nor anyone at that point...it feels good to be able to let looooose....
在那一刻,我真的好想好想离开地球,一千个世纪一起和五月天恋爱ing, 一起宠上天。。。我心中舞别人因为我生命有一种绝对 - 那就是五月天.
You'll be sure I'll be in the front row next time round. Damn! 阿信 actually came down to mingle with the crowd for a good 10 mins...Cheryl..pls tell me you have good pictures of them all..hahaaa...
I do hope one day, I will be able to catch them live in Taiwan, where they will be in ultimate top form and the crowd raving mad about them...

One of my fav moment....

My 白马王子...=)
XX
Lin
1 comment:
Wahh... I oso wan the photos! I wan my 怪兽!!!
jEsSiE =Þ
Post a Comment